Incoggo won't start, what do I do?

Incoggo failing to start can occur for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, there are a few simple ways to resolve this issue.

• Restarting your computer should resolve the issue immediately. After restarting, Incoggo should appear automatically in your menu bar once your computer finishes the boot process.

• If you don’t want to restart your computer, you can try killing any running Incoggo processes via Activity Monitor. To do this, open the Activity Monitor application, then search for incoggo via the search-bar in the top-right. If any matching processes appear below, for each, select the process by clicking it’s name, then click the ‘X’ icon in the application header section, clicking ‘Force-Quit’ when prompted. Once all processes have been terminated, you can then attempt to relaunch the application normally (double-click the icon in the Applications folder). If Incoggo still won’t launch after this point (i.e. there are no matching running processes left in Activity Monitor), there is likely an issue with launchservicesd on your system. To resolve the issue, you’ll either need to reboot your computer, or try running the Terminal commands below. Screenshots are provided below for illustration of Activity Monitor steps.

Process List

Killing a Process

• Finally, there’s another (slightly more technical) method of getting Incoggo to start. Open your Terminal, and ensure Incoggo is not running by executing the following command: ps -ef | grep -v grep | grep -i incoggo | awk '{ print $2 }' | sudo xargs kill -9 (enter system password if prompted). Next run, sudo killall launchservicesd && killall Dock && killall Finder (enter system password if prompted). This should allow you to then launch the application normally. Note that running this command may cause (unrelated to Incoggo) unexpected system behavior to occur (think: other applications not minimizing properly, your menu bar disappearing, active applications not being marked as active in your dock, etc.).

If the issue still persists after trying all of the above, it may be a bug with Incoggo, and we’d really appreciate it if you could file a bug report here. We’ll do our best to follow up with you shortly!

Raw link (bug report): https://forms.gle/o27wNqh6jdwvQE6M7